For many adults, speaking in front of a group is something they avoid at all costs. Yet being able to present a report, budget, or recommendation is an important skill and one that sets those who do it well apart from those who cannot. Day 1 of this workshop focuses on what goes into creating an effective, professional presentation including visual aids. Day 2 focuses on delivery tips with time for practice and one-on-one coaching.
After participating in this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Identify common mistakes speakers make and learn specific ways to avoid them.
- Analyze their audience to meet their needs.
- Determine how much information is “enough.”
- Create openings that grab the audience’s attention and closings that finish strong.
- Manage nervous behaviors.
- Use PowerPoint and other visual aids to enhance their presentations.
- Facilitate an effective Q&A session.
Each participant will receive:
- Feedback and individual coaching on their presenting skills
- A recording of their presentation
- A participant’s manual