[dropshadowbox align=”right” effect=”lifted-both” width=”240px” height=”165px” background_color=”#ffffff” border_width=”0″ border_color=”#dddddd” rounded_corners=”false” inside_shadow=”false” ][/dropshadowbox]
Creating a work environment where individuals are connecting and honoring differences is critical to the success of any workplace team. Fortis Group offers a new workshop based on years of working with teams, along with the work of Dr. Paul White and Dr. Gary Chapman.
White and Chapman have written the best-selling book for leaders, 5 Languages of Workplace Appreciation. The book provides valuable research and insight about how all employees need to understand that what they do on behalf of the organization matters. The book also discusses that the way individuals best receive the message of appreciation differs from person to person.
The goal of this workshop is to assist individuals in understanding how to communicate appreciation and encouragement effectively to their colleagues in a “language” the other person understands and values.
After taking this workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand the core concepts of appreciation and encouragement and their importance in relationships
- identify the negative results that can occur when team members do not feel valued or appreciated
- describe each of the five languages of appreciation and what they look like day-to-day in the workplace
- affirm the core components for appreciation to be communicated effectively
- identify and deal with the challenges of individuals’ blind spots and the need to use specific dialects of each language
- apply the principles of the language of appreciation in everyday work relationships by utilizing the tools and resources provided
Each participant will receive:
- a copy of the book The Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace
- a Motivating by Appreciation Inventory (MBA)
- a participant’s manual
Fortis Group offers this workshop in half-day or full day sessions for intact teams of senior leaders, senior leaders and their teams, and individuals at all levels of the organization. This workshop can also be integrated into an intact team development session or serve as a diverse audience stand-alone session.
Your workshop leaders are Jeff Ukrop, Fortis Group partner; and Jan Bazow, founder and CEO of Fortis Group.